Interactive Maps for Websites
What are Interactive Maps?
Companies with their own websites often seek simple but professional maps to assist their clients in finding their locations. Oxford Cartographers can provide not just physical maps but also interactive maps.
Interactive maps, or web mapping, allows you to embed a map direct into your webpage. It helps to keep your visitors engaged and can demonstrate information relevant to your company in several ways:
- Information that can be switched on/off depending on users’ points of interest
- The points of interest can show links, pictures or videos about that area
- Customizable reference points
- Completely branded to your company colours
- Ability to update changes or demonstrate future developments that could effect your users
- Unlike a static map, ability to adapt the map to highlight events, route changes, or locations in quick simple steps.
Some free interactive maps might focus on data that could be negative to your business (for example competitors). Customised interactive maps will not only be 100% accurate, but they will reflect your company brand and the information that’s relevant to you and the message you want to convey.
We really enjoy a challenge, and many of our happy customers return again and again with mapping conundrums for us to solve. Contact us to discuss your up and coming projects or simply fill in the form on our Contact Us page to find our more information.